Tuesday 18 November 2014

Fluffy White Clouds

In June, Knit Now magazine published the pattern for my favourite of my designs, Fluffy White Clouds. The design had been in my head for a while, as I originally submitted it in a previous round of submissions, but it wasn't accepted as it didn't fit in with any of the themes in that submissions round. I knew that I loved the design, and when the themes for the Summer 2014 issues were released I knew this design would be a good fit, so I re-submitted the design, successfully this time.


The design is simple; the blanket features a repeated cloud motif, but sometimes simple is best. The blanket is knitted in gorgeously soft Bluefaced Leicester, which makes for a wonderfully snuggly blanket. I was very excited when the sample was returned to me a few weeks ago - I'd forgotten that it was due to be returned. It's taken me a few weeks to get round to taking photos of it as we've all been super-coldy, but I finally did this afternoon, and I think it looks perfect. This is one baby blanket that isn't being given away!

 


If you'd like to make your own Fluffy White Clouds blanket the pattern is now available in my Ravelry store. Happy knitting.

P.S. While this pattern is not eligible for the giftalong2014 discount, it can be knitted as part of the Indie Design KAL on Ravelry (for more information, read my previous blog post on the Indie Design Gift-A-Long). And remember, there are prizes to be won!

No comments:

Post a Comment