Friday 24 April 2015

32 things, #5: Host a KAL

Last week I introduced you to my robot (who has been Christened Ronnie, thank you to everyone who made suggestions), and I am delighted to announce that he is now available as a blanket square pattern and intarsia tutorial.


So here it is, the second thing I can start to cross off my 32 things list: number 5: Host a KAL. This knit-a-long has been in the pipeline for a while - I seem to recall I agreed to it when my daughter was really tiny and May seemed like ages away! - and is being hosted by the Knitting for Boys group on Ravelry* as part of a series of skills building KALs. The KAL officially starts on May 1st, but the thread is already open, so you can cast on whenever you like. I shall be checking in frequently to cheer everyone along. Anyone is welcome to join in, you just need to be a member of Ravelry and post to the KAL thread; there will be random spot prizes (codes for patterns from my Ravelry store) and if you complete your square by the end of May you will be eligible for one extra round of pattern prizes.

So what are you waiting for? Ready, steady, knit!

*Note that this link will only work if you are logged into Ravelry. Membership is free, and it's a great place to hang out if you like all things yarny.

No comments:

Post a Comment