Tuesday 14 April 2015

Devon Sun Yarns: April yarn club

I was very excited earlier this week to find a parcel from Devon Sun Yarns on my doorstep: April's yarn club package was here! I excitedly opened to box to find some Donegal nep aran weight yarn in marled purple.


The colourway is inspired by the colours of heather on moorland, and while I am usually very excited about the colour purple, this yarn just isn't singing to me. It's lovely and squishy, but I think it's just a bit too pink for my liking (it's more pink than the picture suggests), and as it's now April and we've been blessed with almost a week of sunshine, I'm just not thinking about winter weight yarns and accessories. I'm hoping it grows on me as I'm sure it will be lovely to work with, but for now it's going in the cupboard while I wait for inspiration to hit me.

Little extras: heather seeds, a purple flower stitch marker, and a yarny postcard (which I love; I wonder whether my husband will let me frame it and hang it on a wall in the house somewhere?)

This is my last yarn club instalment for a while - over the past few months I've accumulated rather a lot of lovely yarn, and I know I have more coming for my birthday. I also have a backlog of baby presents - somehow I have seven babies to knit for by September - and I can't justify knitting baby blankets in luxury yarn (wonderful as that would be!). I'm sure I'll cave though and rejoin in the next few months, there's something so lovely about receiving yarn in the post!


No comments:

Post a Comment