Sunday 22 November 2015

Indie Design GAL 2015: What to knit? Socks

Last year I wouldn't even have looked at the sock patterns on offer in the Indie Design GAL, but having spent much of the past ten months knitting socks, I was more than happy to look through them all this time round. Here are six of my favourites.

Bleaberry Tarn by Louise Tilbrook
Simple socks with a pretty cable design.

Bleaberry Tarn, image copyright Louise Tilbrook


Solar Vortex by Dana Gervais
I'm a big fan of socks with a spiral element, and socks that work well with self-striping yarns, and these fit the bill perfectly.

Solar Vortex, image copyright Dana Gervais
Crosshaven by Rich Ensor
Again, a diagonal element has drawn me in!

Crosshaven, image copyright Rich Ensor
Fish in the sea by Elizabeth Sullivan
Cute fish on sea-themed socks? What's not to love!

Fish in the sea, image copyright Sweet Paprika Designs
Candy Shop Socks by Beverly S.
These caught my eye before I had even considered knitting socks. They are definitely on my 'to knit one day' list.

Candy Shop Socks, image copyright Beverly S.

If you're interested in checking out the other designs in the Indie Design GAL 2015 head over to the Indie Design GAL group on Ravelry.* There you will find details about the knit/crochet along portion of the GAL, as well as being able to browse all the other patterns in the sale. All the patterns featured here are available with 25% off when you use the code giftalong2015 before 23.59 (EST) on Friday 27th November 2015.

*You will have to be logged into Ravelry for this link to work.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your mention of the Bleaberry Tarn socks. I loved the Fish ones too - so cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, it's a lovely design.

      And the fish ones have definitely been added to my to do list - although I think my children might be unable to resist poking at the fish while I'm wearing them!

      Delete